The Internet Dating Chronicles Of Glamour Diva – Part 12

Category: , , , , By Glamour Diva & galaxyMafia
Well it finally happened Dear Readers. I, Glamour Diva, had one, fabulously awesome date! Sigh! It was so wonderful Dear Readers that I don’t know if words can express just how wonderful it truly was. But because it was just so beautiful and because I know you love reading about other folks business and making snap judgments (well don’t we all?) I will try my best to give you all the fascinating details. Ready?

8/2/2006 at 7:13:06 PM
Check out my profile and tell me if you want to chat.

8/2/2006 at 9:24:46 PM
Hello there Handsome! You have a great profile but my body type is neither Slim/Slender, Average, Athletic, Petite, nor Toned. Sorry!

Smooches,
Glamour Diva


8/3/2006 at 7:58:32 AM
Hello Glamour Diva,

Yes you sound like a terrific person that I would like to know. Tell me a little more about yourself.

Steve


8/4/2006 at 7:05:04 PM
Hi Steve!

You want to know more about me? You mean other than what’s in my profile? ;-) Well I like whiskey, I love to laugh, the only sports I like are baseball and rugby (and some Olympic sports), I like pubs and clubs that aren’t too noisy, I like classic movies and taking naps with one very special man. [I know that last sentence was terribly precious but dating is war and if I have to channel my inner sex kitten I will! Besides, it worked…]

What about you?

Smooches,
Glamour Diva


8/4/2006 at 7:31:08 PM
Yes I love to take naps with that one special woman. I like baseball & football and like a quiet intimate place to drink with that special diva. I work in the ____________ field, with a partnership in the ____________ business. What about you? A student or is their more?

Steve


8/4/2006 at 7:40:57 PM
Well Steve, I go to school part time and I work full time. I work temp at the moment (basic clerical) because it's easier to take off from work when needed but I was a _____________ for several years before returning to school.

So what do you _________ besides _________? How long have you been in the business? Do you enjoy it?


8/4/2006 at 7:47:42 PM
I have been in the ________ business for about 15 years, it is both interesting and somewhat of a hassle but the money is good and I like to see things take shape from just ____ to a _______. How would you like to meet tomorrow in the afternoon for say a coffee or some drinks?

Steve


8/4/2006 at 8:07:56 PM
I thought you'd never ask! LOL But the afternoon is bad for me. I have some errands to run with my mother. I'd prefer the evening but if that isn't good for you we can plan another time.

Smooches,
Glamour Diva
713 555 5555


8/4/2006 at 8:18:11 PM
The evening is great for me. I will call you tomorrow morning to set a time. I look forward to us meeting.

Steve


8/4/2006 at 8:23:31 PM
Great! Talk to you then...

So Saturday night I hurried home and got ready for the date. I wore a very pretty black dress that hit just below the knee, fitted at the waist, wide at the hip, sleeveless with a deep V-neck (I know, très chic!). I wore simple gold hoops, clear lipgloss and gold, satin spiked heels that have an overlay of black lace. My handbag was gold satin with silver, gold and bronze sequins. In other words, I was lookin’ fierce!

We were supposed to meet at a local pub, The Kelvin Arms, but I’d recently lost my ID so we decided to meet at a restaurant, Mi Luna . It was hotter than Hades, even at 7:30pm, and it showed. My God but I was sweating like there was no tomorrow! Yes I admit to the sweat. Women in Texas don’t glisten…it’s too damn hot for that!

Anyhoo, we met at the bar and I was pleasantly surprised. He looked much better in person and he has the most incredible brown eyes and a very mischievous, boyish smile! He’s tall, about six feet or so and very much a gentleman. And did I mention he’s old enough to be my Dad? Well almost. If he’d started in his late teens, well you get the picture. We started out sitting directly across from each other but as the restaurant got busier he moved next to me so we could hear each other better. It was odd but it seemed like their were invisible laces on us and someone kept pulling them tighter and tighter as got closer and closer. By the end of the date we were thigh-to-thigh and shoulder-to-shoulder! And he held my hand! And looked deeply into my eyes! And told me I was “lovely”! And he blatantly ogled my cleavage!

But the very best thing about the evening was that he understood my pop culture references which means he isn’t a complete idiot:

1. He was telling me about his childhood and how he loved to go sledging. So I asked him if his sled was named Rosebud. He totally got it! He even gave me some cool Hollywood gossip about William Randolph Hearst but that’s another blog entry all together!

2. I remarked on how close we were and he asked me if I minded. I said no so them he asked if he could get even closer and I laughed because I remembered an old Groucho Marx joke from the movie, A Day At The Races. Groucho’s character, Dr. Hugo Z. Hackenbush (LOL), is chatting up this woman and she’s getting really excited. So she grabs Groucho, presses him to her chest and calls out, “Hold me closer! Closer! Closer!” And Groucho stares directly into the camera and says, “If I hold you any closer, I'll be in back of you.” Steve laughed his ass off on that one!

After dinner he dropped me off at my car and we shared a kiss, very sweet but no tongues, and then I walked to my car on a billowy cloud of happiness! I even got hit on on the way to my car! Well warm, fuzzy feelings will do that to you. I think you may be wondering if I really like this guy. Well I do like him but I’m a naturally cautious person so we’ll see how long it takes him to turn into a flaming sack of shit…if ever. What ever happens Dear Readers I will be sure to keep you updated and posted.

Steve called while I was writing this and we have another date Tuesday. Yay! But don’t worry Ladies! I didn’t break any rules. We spoke Sunday about going out again so I did have advance notice. Ms. GD got this…don’t worry… – GD
 

3 comments so far.

  1. BeautyinBaltimore 10:51 PM, August 09, 2006
    Good for you. You deserve a nice guy.
    All of this time I though you lived in New York.
    Get a temporary hold(3 month) on your credit report.Since someone can use your drivers liscense to open up instant credit accounts.
  2. Glamour Diva & galaxyMafia 7:14 AM, August 10, 2006
    Thanks for the tip on the credit report thing! I'm gonna do that. And why did you think I lived in NYC? Do I give off a sassy NYC vibe? Interesting...

    And now that you know I don't live there do you love me any less???? Don't break my heart Channel; I'm really vulnerable right now! ;-)

    Smooches,
    Ms. GD
  3. Unknown 8:31 PM, August 15, 2006
    sounds good. Now if only I could find my prince out of the millions of frogs I have met in NYC lol

Something to say?