Robert Burns Would Be So Damn Proud!

Category: , By Glamour Diva & galaxyMafia

You knew it would take a hot piece of ass to get me to update this here blog so here he is, my new heartthrob, Paul McGillion! Who is Paul McGillion you ask? I know him as Dr. Carson Beckett on Stargate Atlantis but he has a pretty impressive résumé, which you can view here or here.

So your next questions are probably why do I think he’s so hot and why should you care? Well as far as you caring goes…you don’t have to! I like him and that’s all that matters. So why do I think he’s hot as all get out? Well that’s a bit of a long story…

You see I dig Scottish accents. No Dear Readers I mean really dig them like go-all-slack jawed-and-get-all-moist-in-my-secret-private-places dig them. Why else would I stay up waaaaaay past my bedtime to masturb…er, I mean watch The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson? Well okay he is funny in a naughty, British schoolboy sort of way but it’s the accent! Oh my good Lord in Heaven! That man…that accent[Sigh]

But I digress…

I can’t explain it really. I think it might have to do with my first experience with a Scottish accent and NO I ain’t talking about Sean Connery! Like so many people my age I was reared on television, particularly Warner Bros. Cartoons. Below is an excerpt from one of my favorites:

My Bunny Lies Over the Sea (1948)

Bugs Bunny [disguised as Scotsman]: So, MacR-r-rory, poaching on my pr-r-roperty. I'm displeased, MacR-r-rory. You shouldn't a shoot my r-r-r-rabbits.

MacRory: Yon bonnie rabbit dinna belong to you.

Bugs Bunny: It dinna?

MacRory: No, it dinna.

Bugs Bunny: Wanna bet?

Mac Rory: No. We'll settle this in true Scots tradition, at games.

Bugs Bunny: Games? [sets up a card table and deals cards] Okay, pigeon, sit down.

Mac Rory: Nah, nah! We donna play that game.

Bugs Bunny: Is there another one?

MacRory: [pulling out two golf bags] Golf.

Bugs Bunny: Golf?

MacRory: Aye, golf. Choose your weapons.

Bugs Bunny: Have it your way, Mac, but don't you get tired of running them eighteen bases?

[Must…control…laughter…will…short…out…computer…from…all…the…tears…]

Okay so how does teasing Scots translate into finding their accents irresistible? It’s not as much of a leap as you’d expect. That time in my life was very carefree and I feel very comforted and relaxed when I think about it. So it would follow that when I hear a Scottish accent today I can’t help but recall those happy childhood memories except now I have all these very grownup feelings of lust which get mixed up in the pot and there you have it – Scottish accents turn Glamour Diva on!

Which brings us back to the cute as a heather blossom Mr. McGillion and his thundering Scottish burr! Honestly, if I hadn’t been up studying until the dawn’s early light I never would have found out about him so can I just take some time now to say thank goodness for higher education? Without it people like me would have no reason to be up late at night watching crappy syndicated programs! Now all I have left is to buy a VCR so I can tape Stargate Atlantis and fast forward through all the narrative and get straight to the Blazing, Blue-eyed Burr!

The Particulars

Age: 37

Height: 5' 10"/1.78 m (This puzzles me because he appears to be so much shorter than everyone on the show. This isn’t a bad thing but if it were true that would mean everyone else on the show is over six feet tall! Including the women! Now what would be the odds of that, eh? Fess up Mr. McGillion. There is no shame in being 5' 9" or 5’ 8”!)


Weight: Dunno (But he looks nicely compact. I wouldn’t kick him out of bed…until I was done with him…)

Eyes: Blue

Hair: Brown

Mini Biography (From The Internet Movie Database)

The sixth of seven children, Paul's family immigrated to Canada from Paisley, Scotland when he was just 2 years old. His family spent time in Ireland before moving to Canada and returned to Paisley when Paul was 11 for 3 and a one half years. Paul studied both education (major) and theatre (minor) at University, and also got involved in various sports including becoming a freestyle wrestling champion. After graduating the actor began his career teaching theatre in Toronto, squeezing in time to attend auditions.Paul has worked extensively in film, TV and the theatre for the last 12 years, as well as teaching scene study in 1998 & 1999 at the respected Vancouver Film School.

For more pics and information on the lovely Mr. McGillion surf on by his official site or his fan site. There are plenty of lovely headshots on the fan site (which is where I got the ones for this entry) but sadly no shots of his ass or other more interesting body parts. – GD
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?