Heroin Ain’t Got Nothing On Hycodan Syrup!

Category: , , By Glamour Diva & galaxyMafia
I have to tell you Dear Readers about the doosey of a dream I had last night! It’s actually a continuation of a dream I had several months ago but I’d getting ahead of myself. As I stated in an earlier entry I’ve been sick so after failing to self-medicate successfully I carried myself to the doctor like a good little girl. My doctor diagnosed me with an upper respiratory infection and prescribed antibiotics for the infection and a special cough syrup for the nagging cough I’ve had for the last 3½ weeks. I didn’t take the cough syrup until last night and boy howdy did I ever feel it! I took a dose at 8pm and I felt okay until 10pm when my head started spinning like I’d had a few shots of tequila! I staggered to my bed and fell, almost immediately, into a fitful sleep.

The dream started where the first one left off, at a gas station somewhere in the boondocks. In the first dream my car broke down and I had to wait until the station opened to get it fixed. For some reason I decided to sleep in the car. Well in this dream I was still sleeping in the car but I was also outside of it! Apparently when the awake me got to the gas station the car had been stolen. The station attendants didn’t know anything about it but they suggested I ask around the neighborhood (why I didn’t call the police I don’t know. It’s a dream after all!). Now I was very anxious to get this car back because it was a rental and because it had my sleeping self as well as my magazines in it, which I sold door to door (don’t ask!).

I walked across the street and started knocking on doors. The people who answered, of course, knew nothing about my stolen car but they all kept directing me to a ramshackle house further down the street. I made it to the house and the woman inside insisted she didn’t know anything about it. After doing my best Kojak on her she confessed that she knew who’d stolen my car but she wouldn’t say the name out loud. She wrote it on a strip of paper and told me to get the hell out of her house!

I spent the next few days combing the city looking for this guy but to no avail. Eventually I made my way back to the gas station and saw my car…or what used to be be my car! The car had been totally pimped out Dear Readers! And to add insult to injury the thief had added these huge monster truck wheels so the car stood about six feet off the ground. I ran over to the car just as the thief was running from the ramshackle house. To my great surprise the thief was a little boy with dreadlocks. And to my even greater surprise he looked just like Kareem Abdul-Jabbar – old school, protective goggles and all! He ran out into the street and took off like a shot. I climbed into the car and took off after him full speed.

I was bearing down on him, watching him tremble with terror as I got closer and closer. Unfortunately, the scene changed and we’d been transported to a crowed courtroom. The whole courtroom was in a tizzy but a silence fell over the room as Kareem entered in handcuffs, this time in his adult form. Things get a little fuzzy here but I remember feeling very relieved that he’d been caught because I wouldn’t be able to pay back the car rental place for all the “improvements” he’d made. I awoke soon after, groggy as hell and barely able to make it out the door for work!

Wasn’t that a trip? Was it just the medicine jerking my subconscious around or does it mean anything? And what is the significance of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar? I don’t even like basketball! I was more than a little nervous to take any more medicine tonight but, by gum, the stuff works! I swear I think I coughed maybe three times during the day! I decided to take a smaller dose instead of stopping it altogether. I have to be honest here, I’m excited to find out what I dream tonight, frightened but still excited! Is this the way drug addicts feel? Ah well…I’ll keep you posted if my brain concocts another ripping yarn! – GD
 

10 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous 2:38 AM, March 11, 2008
    I wish I'd had even a fraction of your response to the Hycodan syrup. I was prescribed it for use as a cough suppressant. The prescribing physician warned me it would make me drowsy. Thumbs up to that idea because I hadn't had a decent night's sleep in days! So as soon as I got home, I took the prescribed dose of 5 mL (or one teaspoon). I waited and waited. A big nothing. I wasn't dizzy or drowsy at all. My cough wasn't suppressed in the least. The prescription indicated one dose every 6 hours. The doc did say I could double the dose. So, 5 hours later, just prior to going to bed, I took a double dose in the hopes it would do more than a single dose. Well let me tell ya, I coughed all night and when I finally woke up at 5:30 a.m. (not exactly by choice)I had one b*tch of a headache!

    So...this stuff did nothing for me. I had no funky dreams, no good results and only a headache. Nothing in my experience with it makes me understand why anyone would get addicted to something like this. I'm trying to find someone else whose reaction to this drug was like mine. I don't think my doctor believes me.
  2. Anonymous 2:02 PM, June 20, 2008
    Hycodan syrup is the BEST. I had it for bronchitis and DAMN it is like being on the highest drug in the world. I doubled my dose and so took 10 ml. within 30 mins I was in another world and just felt all warm and talkative. I slept like a baby and the dreams are OUT OF THIS WORLD! I asked for a refill one week later (and the bottle is a pint, so one week is FAST) my doc actually gave it to me. WARNING: It was PURE HELL coming off this stuff. Eyes burning, vomiting, suicidal thoughts all lasting for about a week. Worth the withdrawal? I say HELL YEAH!
  3. Anonymous 1:56 AM, April 02, 2009
    yeah you didnt feel anything because you didnt have enough smarty pance. next time have 7 spoon fulls and get back to me. youll be drewling.
  4. Anonymous 4:58 PM, November 23, 2009
    I'm taking it now for pneumonia, best stuff I ever had, and I am a former addict. Back a long time ago. People used to go doctor hopping to get this stuff. I only had a dream the first time. I was out in the rain today, so I'm going to double just for tonight.
  5. Anonymous 5:06 PM, January 29, 2010
    Silly people - it is hydrocodone - literally liquid vicodin . . . minus the tylenol - of course you like it
  6. Anonymous 3:12 PM, March 27, 2011
    It sure is great stuff.... makes the sick man feel great now doesn't it...lol
  7. Anonymous 2:43 AM, August 29, 2012
    really helps I was given it for bronchitis. nice buzz
  8. Unknown 9:51 PM, September 23, 2012
    I was given it for my throat and cough and I had your reaction. My head was busting and I was sick all day with a headache . I have migraines and believe me this intensified mine twice what they usually are . She usually gave me phenergan w/codeine for a cough syrup but this time they gave me this and I never want to see that mess again. It says in side effects that it causes canal compression. Which would be severe headaches. And yes I was just like you hurt hurt hurt no help.
  9. Anonymous 6:46 PM, December 28, 2012
    im always sick, I get a ridiculous cough the hurts my chest and I usually get a bomb headache as well . I took syrup and got my body was all warm, I was high as a kite,my room was spinnin until I layed down for a nap . Not knowing I have slept all day but I felt refresh and ready for work the next morning
  10. Anonymous 5:53 PM, February 27, 2015
    I must say I was given this medication and the first dose yes splendid headache all day. I skipped a day and took it last night and had a dream out of this world..I was a madam in a small town..

Something to say?