Ambivalence is bliss!!

Category: , , , , By Glamour Diva & galaxyMafia
Well, Nelly Furtado might not want ambivalence but galaxyMafia certainly does.

Specifically, she does not want to get excited over comments left by a certain rugby player on the sexandthesushi Bebo page. (Go out to our Bebo page if you want to see the comment; I no longer have screen capture)

Wait, a cotton-pickin’ minute, you might say. . .? (Or, perhaps you no nothing of pickin’ cotton and would prefer to say ‘New York minute’. . .well, do what ya do). I thought you wanted this rugby player to respond to you, you might say? Didn’t you send him a lovely card (scented with ill-gotten body spray from Bath and Body Works) with a rather wry, ironic Oscar Wilde quote (which he obviously didn’t understand)? Didn’t you spend half the damn Super 14 podcasts picking on him ‘cause you really liked him? Didn’t you stand up for him on the RRT? Didn’t your heart skip a beat when The Nonu said he liked ya photo? Weren’t ya happy when Citizen X told you he was a good Christian boy? And aren’t you the one who can explain, with staggering clarity, why he would refer to himself as Batman. . .?

Yes, to all of the above.

And yet, galaxyMafia liked it better when he was ignoring her!

When she wanted this rugby player to take notice, he gave her the cosmic flip off. But now, when (much like that character in “The Last Unicorn”) galaxyMafia is bitter and jaded and making enemies at her job, this rugby player wants to tell her that her videos are awesome (which he spelled wrong, by the by)?

And yes, I know some of you may say I’m being ungrateful. Just be glad he responded at all, you might think. What’s all this fuss you’re making GM. . .? What’s all this sound and fury signifying nothing. . .?

Well, all I can say is, at least, Mr. Tialata, when you were ignoring me, you were consistent, and I found some comfort in that; I was content and at peace with your decision.

But tonight (or this morning depending on what time it was when you left the comment), you got a wild hair and decided to communicate with me for the first time, and who knows if we will have further communication.

Who knows if your communication with me was akin to Haley’s Comet, something that won’t happen again until I am long dead, and you are obscenely fat?

And that’s why I liked it better when you ignored me. . .because then I knew what to expect from you, and I had come to the point where I was okay with it. . .

Now, I don’t know what will happen. I left you another comment but will you respond? If you do, will there be another shift in my emotional alignment? And if you don’t, will I have to grin and bear it and go on with my life and pretend I’m okay with it?

Well, Mr. Tialata, know this and understand it. . .

YOU AND I WILL MEET ONE DAY. . .WE WILL NOT KNOW THE TIME, NOR THE PLACE BUT. . .HERE'S MY ADVICE. . .

THE BOTH OF US SHOULD GET READY. . .

Copyright 2007. . .galaxyMafia just wants to finish her book, get it published, and have it sell well so she can find a spot in some remote place and live out her life in quiet desperation!
 

5 comments so far.

  1. Glamour Diva & galaxyMafia 5:44 AM, June 12, 2007
    I've said this so many times that on the surface it must seem like it has lost all many but please dig down deep and try to understand when I say - YOU HAVE ISSUES THAT NEED TO BE ADDRESSED! Ooooooo LAWD!

    Smooches,
    Ms. GD
  2. Anonymous 8:31 PM, June 12, 2007
    Oh, I want to know! Why does he refer to himself as Batman? Please share, I'm curious...

    Damn, I'm bummed that he's not going to play here in France next year after all. What a big tease!
  3. Anonymous 8:38 AM, June 13, 2007
    OMG!!!! This is exciting.

    *I need to get a life*
  4. LynnLee Dahl 11:05 PM, June 15, 2007
    This IS exciting! And he left another message. I think the fish is finally taking the bate!!!
  5. Anonymous 4:53 AM, June 16, 2007
    ...about his message...certainly he is a "player"...a real good one ...

Something to say?