I Could Get With This Or I Could Get With That

Category: , , , , , , By Glamour Diva & galaxyMafia
You can get with this, or you can get with that
You can get with this, or you can get with that
You can get with this, or you can get with that
I think you'll get with this, for this is where it's at
 
The Choice Is Yours – Black Sheep

I’ve tried to find other amusements but I’ve come to the realization that the rugby will not be ignored! Whether I’m ready or not it is coming and all reports inform me that I’d better batten down my hatches and brace myself for the perfect storm that will take over my life for the next FOUR months!

I’m really torn with this thing but I don’t know if there is any real way to live with the two competing forces of continued ambivalence and genuine excitement. So cards on the table here, I’m stumped. I want to watch rugby and read/write about it and discuss it but at the same time I don’t want to spend so much time trying to churn out a quality product (podcasts, frequent and, hopefully, entertaining blog entries) if no one is listening/reading.

And yes Debalina et al., I know you read the blog but seriously, do you think it’s a good use of my time to do all this stuff just for you? As far as I can judge, by your comments and emails, there are only about five of you who regularly read/listen. Actually, most of you spend more time chatting with each other than with me which is hilarious in and of it self, because had it not been for me and galaxyMafia creating this thing many of you would never have known the others existed! Yes I know you think I’m being, to use GM’s favorite word, egomaniacal but once you’ve stopped cursing me and thought about it a little I’m sure you’ll see my point.

It’s not like I’m looking for pats on the back here it’s just that when I go out on Bebo, Facebook, MySpace, YouTube, etc. and I see all the back and forth between all our “Friends” and their “Friends” about rugby and everything else it honestly pisses me off a little bit! I ask you questions and try to engage you but to no avail! No one wants to be a part of “Our” community but you still want to reap the benefits of it? At this point, would you blame us for thinking our Dear Readers don’t really need The Sushi Girls™ anymore? Well we wouldn’t blame you if you said YES! Maybe this whole rugby fooliwang has run its course? Or maybe it’s just time to take it to the next level?

You know, last year I had this bright idea that The Sushi Girls™ could start our own sports tourism business specifically designed for female rugby lovers. I had dreams of SATS traveling all over the world with all the women we’d networked with, watching live games and generally acting like fools for fun and profit. But when I asked for information on how some of you became interested in rugby and what you like/dislike about the game all I got were bios from the same five ladies that ALWAYS respond (Thanks again LULARP, sorry I never did anything with the info). Even after asking Rose to post our request on her YouTube group no one bit. And I can only assume that word of mouth didn’t work either because no responses meant no feedback which meant no quantitative information for proposals to airlines, hotels and various rugby unions (Who aren’t stupid and have people who will tell them Rugby isn’t popular in the US.) asking for sponsorship! In plain English – the people who gotz the cash only give it to people they believe will bring them more cash and the only way they can make that decision is if this blog is poppin’ 24-7, 365! And while our viewership has jumped considerably over the last year it is still in no way “Cottage Industry” ready ya’ll.

So Dear Readers I have a choice. Do I stick with this through another thankless, frustrating, time stealing FOUR months or do I cosign with galaxyMafia and shut this shit down altogether, change the format to NFL only or be truly original and have an International Football (Rugby and American football) format? If I don’t get any support then the answer is hellz no! Look, I’m not trying to bully you into participating. I know there are tons of competing factors in why this blog isn’t more successful, many of which have to do with the supreme laziness if its owners, but I will reiterate Dear Readers that this is your blog too! Again, there is a certain amount of ego boosting that goes into this but truth be told, The Sushi Girls™ can and will continue to act a damn fool in private! That’s all this blog is really, just our private thoughts laid bare for you to judge at your leisure.

Having said that we still want you as our friends and Dear Readers but please, please, please show us some of that collaborative spirit women are so famous for by telling us what you think! Too many Polynesians? Too hard on your favorite Polynesian? Too hard on New Zealand? Too mean in general? Too Southern Hemisphere-centric? Too serious? Too Silly? We want to know so stop lurking and speak out! But just so you’ll know; if you want tons of entries about how sweet and nice your favorite player is you aren’t going to get that here. There are millions of fan sites dedicated to the veneration of Saint [Insert player name here] all over the web so your screams of disgust at how much we suck for calling out your guy will fall on deaf ears. Drunken antics, bad hair, illiteracy and fucking without a condom are classic, priceless examples of athletic fuckwitage and will always have a home here. Get over it or go elsewhere. Your inane comments will be sorely missed.

Now where was I? Oh yes…don’t buy into that patriarchal notion that sport is the domain of men! Don’t let the fear of being ridiculed by men, and hatin’ ass women alike, stop you from enjoying the three things you love most about sports – The sport it self, the hot men who play it and the thrill of watching and appreciating both at the same time! Don’t think for a moment that men watch women’s tennis because they think the ladies are phenomenal athletes ‘cause they ain’t. And don’t think you are somehow special and perfect because you keep your lusty thoughts to yourself because you ain’t. I may be overstating this a bit but that’s what I do so here goes: Enjoying the sight of a well built man is your birthright so accept that and let us help you on your journey of self-discovery. Remember, you can get with this, or you can get with that. I think you'll get with this, coz that is kinda whack! - GD

Sing it Xtina…
 

2 comments so far.

  1. Unknown 5:31 AM, January 26, 2008
    Hmmm.....naw, you don't have to do stuff for me. I don't talk to the other girls. I just love reading your blog. :/
  2. Anonymous 8:27 PM, January 28, 2008
    Don't stop publishing! It's hilarious stuff.

Something to say?